Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Shuswap Lake Float Plane Fly In 2009, Part II

I must admit that I am really enjoying the Grindrod Airforce Spring Fly In, 2009. Today's blog is a tough selection from Tuesday, June 2. I showed up when the afternoon light was right on Sunday but by then the flyers had finished for the day (Don't these people know that morning light from a western shoreline and high noon sunshine makes for poor photography?). A surprise visitor kept me away from Monday's fly, howwever I did manage to hang out all day yesterday and over three hundred photos have survived the first round of the delete key!

After I post this entry I am on my way back to Sandy Point Campground for another afternoon of picture making in the Okanagan - Shuswap sun ( I think I'll put sunblock on this time!).



"Hello tower, request permission to take off"


Piper Cub lifting off.











Canadair water bomber taking off.


Canadair in flight.


Is this where it all began?


I like how this Cessna 195 'Floats'.


Is it live or is it ...." Beautifully realistic DeHavallind Beaver.


Today's blog may be over but the flying continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment